If you have any questions or issues with the ResNet by Apogee services, contact their 24/7/365 support center at 877-478-8808. You can also text “ResNet” to 84700. They can help you add devices to your account (printers, phones, game consoles, etc.).
If you are experiencing any problems with Apogee Support not resolving your issues, please contact the UMW IT Help Desk to let us know.
UMW has partnered with Apogee to provide network services in all residence halls. Internet and cable TV service is part of your room and board package.
Your account includes (no cost – part of your room and board package):
- wired and wireless network access at speeds of 100 Mbps download, and 50 Mbps upload.
- connect up to six devices on your account, including computers, game consoles, tablets, phones, streaming devices, etc.
As part of your UMW Internet Package you have guaranteed speeds per devices with up to 6 devices on your Apogee MyResNet account. Students are required to register all devices on MyResNet which allows Apogee the ability to guaranteed those speeds per device.
We recommend that students have an Ethernet cable available to plug your computer into the wired port in your room as a backup for times when the wireless connection might be congested or unavailable. A long Cat 5 or Cat 6 cable (25 feet or longer) helps in case your desk is far from the network jack in your room. While also recommend connecting to printers directly via USB cable for highest reliability.
To register for Apogee services users need to create an account on MyResNet.com. You will be directed to the MyResNet.com account creation page when you first connect your device to the Apogee wireless network on campus, or the wired connection in your residence hall. Once you have your Apogee account, you can login to the Apogee wireless network in your residence hall, and all across campus.
Remember: Your Apogee username and password to connect to Apogee wireless is separate and distinct from your UMW NetID and password.
The Apogee wireless network is available in residence halls and in the academic buildings across campus. Two Apogee wireless connections are available:
- “Apogee” wireless network that supports newer devices. Connect to this one if you have it available.
- “Apogee Legacy” wireless network that supports older devices. If you have an older device, this is the Apogee network you will be required to connect to.
- Also, for iOS14+ and Android 10+ devices, turn off private address feature BEFORE connecting to the Apogee wireless network.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING A WIRELESS ACCESS POINT TO CAMPUS. Independent wireless access points cause wireless problems and interference for other users in the residence halls. They are not permitted, so please leave them at home.