Submitting a Ticket
There are several ways to submit a Help Desk Ticket:
- Send a email message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 540-654-2255
- Stop by the Help Desk in person in George Washington Hall, Room 027
No matter what method you use, please provide us with as much information as possible when you do submit a ticket. Paint as complete of a picture as possible for us about what is going on; we’d rather have too much information than too little information.
What happens to your ticket?
- Once we have your information, a ticket is entered into the online tracking system. You will get an email message notifying you that the information has been entered into the system and the ticket number.
- Your issue will be resolved by the agent taking the call (or responding to email messages), if possible.
- If the issue cannot be resolved immediately, the ticket will be assigned to a support technician who will work to resolve your issue.
- Once the issue has been resolved, you will receive a message notifying you that the ticket has been closed. That message should also have a link to an online survey; we hope that you’ll tell us how we did.