Welcome to UMW! This page will help you get your new accounts set up to access UMW systems and your student email account. Once you have paid your deposit, a few days later, your account will be created in our system.
- UMW NetID is used to access UMW systems like student email, our residence life system (the system you will use to complete your Housing and Dining Agreement), Canvas (the Learning Management System), and Banner (our student information and class registration system). To maintain a secure network, the NetID password must be changed every 90 days. You will receive an email warning you 10 days prior to it expiring. If you don’t change the password after 90 days, you will be locked out until you do change it at http://password.umw.edu.
- EagleMail is your student email account. It is a separate system operated by Microsoft 365. Use your full email address and NetID password to log into this system.
To set up your UMW NetID and EagleMail account, follow the steps on this page: http://technology.umw.edu/logins/
If you have problems, some of the most common errors are:
- Your temporary NetID and password can only be used at http://password.umw.edu to set up your permanent password. Once you have done that, you can sign into UMW systems.
- Carefully follow the “Password Rules” listed on the right side of the password.umw.edu page. If you do something wrong, it won’t save your password.
- Email system username is your full email address: yourNetID@mail.umw.edu. Use your NetID password at login.
- Changing your NetID password automatically changes your email password – they are synchronized.
Self-Service Password Reset:
- Once you have your UMW account working, it is a good idea to set up your security questions by navigating to http://password.umw.edu and clicking on the “Manage Your Security Questions” link.
- Doing this enables you to independently reset your password if you forget it or if your account is compromised. If you don’t set the questions up, you must contact the Help Desk for a password reset. Since our Help Desk is not open 24/7/365, it is strongly recommended that you take the time to complete this step so you are not left without access at a time when the Help Desk is closed.
Having trouble with any of this?
Please contact the IT Help Desk! We’re here to help!
Hurley Convergence Center Room 112