What is EagleMail/Office 365?
EagleMail (provided by Microsoft Office 365 and formerly known as Live@EDU) is an integrated suite of applications made available to UMW students. Hosted on Microsoft systems, Office 365 includes email, calendar and file storage.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT EAGLEMAIL PASSWORDS: Your UMW NetID password and your EagleMail password are initially set the same, but are reset and changed differently. UMW does not require you to change the password for your student email account every 90 days as we do for your UMW NetID. When you change the password for your UMW NetID every 90 days, it does not affect the password on your student email account. The reason is the student email system is provided as a service by Microsoft, and resides on their network. YOU CAN change your password on your email (which is a good personal security practice), but you are not required to do so. To change your student email password, login to your student email account and change it there.
With Office 365, students are granted 10 GB of inbox storage and are able to send mail attachments up to 20 MB in size. Students have the ability to use a variety of mobile devices to access email and can choose from a number of email client software products, such as Microsoft Outlook or Exchange. Additionally, your email address will remain active for life, providing a consistent point for contact and communication after you leave UMW.
- Access your email and calendar at https://www.outlook.com/mail.umw.edu. Be sure to use your full email address in the login (example: email@example.com )
- Having problems logging in? Try this address: https://login.microsoftonline.com
- Sign into SkyDrive at https://skydrive.live.com. (NOTE: this is a new way to access your SkyDrive that utilizes a SECOND account by Microsoft design – this account is now administered by Microsoft. All of your previous SkyDrive files were moved to this new location as part of the upgrade.)
- Check the Getting Started in Outlook Web App support page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-suite-help/getting-started-in-outlook-web-app-for-office-365-HA103267190.aspx
- This page has an overview about using the Outlook Web App: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-suite-help/mail-overview-HA102824609.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA103267190
As always, the UMW Help Desk is available to answer questions you have about student email or any problems you might be having. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 540-654-2255, or stop by room 112 in the IT Convergence Center.