To perform a search on a record, select the Search function. You can use the Oracle wildcards % and _ in the search criteria. The percent sign (%) represents any number of characters, whereas the underscore (_) represents one occurrence of a character.
To Get These Results
|All entries that contain ma||%ma%|
|All entries that begin with ma||ma%|
|All entries that end with ma||%ma|
|All entries that have m as second character||_m%|
- From the Main Menu, enter the General Person Form (SPAPERS) in the Direct Access field.
- Select the ID field’s Search function to go to the Person Search Form (SOAIDEN).
- From the Option list select Person Search
- Click in the last name field and enter your last name. Select the NO radio button under Case Sensitive Query.
- From the Menu bar select Query, then Execute, or use the <Execute Query> function.
- If necessary, use the Scroll Bar to find your record.
- Double-click to select the record.
- From the Menu bar select Block, then Next. Or click the Next Block icon ( ) in the Tool bar.
- Notice that the fields in the selected block are automatically filled in with personal data.