Students will be asked to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to, disabling user accounts, updating documentation, tracing cables, assisting with inventory, monitoring e-mail, Clean Access, Internet Connectivity, and other Network applications as needed after Business hours and possibly weekends.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications and Qualities
- Good academic standing of at least a 2.5 cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Generally, Sophomore or higher, an exception may be made for a student with exceptional skills and background.
- Demonstrate responsibility, maturity, and excellent customer service skills. Student will be expected to work unsupervised as needed.
- Possess basic computer application skills- especially Microsoft Office and Browser Software
- Responsibility and an aptitude to learn are most important; training can be provided as needed for the right candidate
Period of Employment:
Fall – 1st week of classes until the first day of final exams. Spring – 1st week of classes until the first day of final exams.
Summer – Each Summer Session.
Students are expected to adhere to the requirements of the work contract, the student Code of Conduct, Network and Computer Use Policy and all other UMW policies.
- Report to work on time
- Work on projects as needed / assigned.
- Adhere to and report known AUP violations to your supervisor or appropriate authority.
- Adhere to and report violations of the UMW Department of Information Technologies Confidentiality Agreement to your supervisor.
- Adhere and report violations of all other UMW policies to the appropriate authorities.
- If you find that you must miss a shift, you must notify your supervisor prior to the beginning of your shift.
- Failure to report to work without notifying your supervisor one time will be considered a warning; failure to do so a second time will be considered a resignation.