This page will help you:
- Change initial default password.
- Change expired password (you must remember your old password to do this – if you don’t remember your password, you will need to contact the Help Desk at (540) 654-2255 during open hours for assistance).
NOTE: If you try too many times to change your password, your account may lock. You will have to wait 15 minutes for the account lock to lift before trying again.
To reset your password:
- Please visit password.umw.edu
- Enter your username.
- Enter your old password. If this is your first time changing your password, this will be your default password. If you supplied the University with your Social Security Number (SSN), your default password is:The 1st letter of your first name capitalized + the 1st letter of your last name lowercase + the last 4 digits of your SSN + the your two-digit birth month.Example — Name: John Doe
Default Password: Jd000001
If you did not supply the University with your SSN, your default password:
The 1st letter of your first name capitalized + the 1st letter of your last name lowercase + the last four digits of your Banner ID Number + 99
Example – Name: John Doe
Banner ID: 0001111
Default Password: Jd111199
- Create a new password making sure that you are following all the requirements that are listed on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Verify your new password by entering it again.
- Click Change Password.
- You should be prompted that your password has been saved! Once you’ve successfully changed your password, your new password should allow you to access UMW systems, including myUMW, Canvas, and Banner.
- If you were not able to change your password and you are using the correct credentials or default password, contact the Help Desk.