Check and Update Your Java Version (PC)
To check to see what version of Java is on your PC:
To update your PC’s version of Java,
- Go to http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp.
- Click on Windows Online.
- The File Download dialog box appears prompting you to run or save the download file.
- To run the installer, click Run.
- To save the file for later installation, click Save.
- Choose the folder location and save the file to your local system.
- Tip: Save the file to a known location on your computer, for example, to your desktop.
- Double-click on the saved file to start the installation process.
- The installation process starts.
- Click the Install button to accept the license terms and to continue with the installation.
- The installer may present you with option to install these programs when you install Java. After ensuring that the desired programs are selected, click the Next button to continue the installation.
- A few brief dialogs confirm the last steps of the installation process; click Close on the last dialog. This will complete Java installation process.
- Restart (close and re-open) your browser to enable the Java installation in your browser.
Check and Update Your Java Version (Mac)