Java (see Getting Started: The Java Client) may not have installed if you do not have Administrator privileges on your computer. To check if you have local administrator privileges on your Windows XP workstation:
- Open the User Accounts by clicking on the Start button.
- Choose the Control Panel.
- Double-click on User Accounts.
- Look for your user account and see if it belongs to the Administrators group. If so, you should be able to install any new software.
- Otherwise, you should contact the Help Desk, (540) 654-2255 or HelpDesk@umw.edu, to assist with your software installation.