Creating ODBC DSN for Excel and Access to connect to Oracle 11g PROD and QA
Oracle 11g Client and Oracle ODBC drivers must be previously installed. Contact the UMW IT Help Desk to have this done.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open Administrative Tools.
- Open Data Sources (ODBC).
- Continue below under Windows XP and Windows 7.
Do NOT use Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC). Instead do the following:
- Execute c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exeThis can be done either by:
Windows XP and Windows 7
- Select the User DSN tab on the ODBC Data Source Administrator window.
- Click Add
- Select the Oracle driver – should be “Oracle in OraClient11g_home1” but could vary depending on the local setup. (Do not select “Microsoft ODBC for Oracle”).
- Click Finish
- Enter the following in the “Oracle ODBC Driver Configuration Screen”:
Data Source Name: Banner_Oracle_ODBC
TNS Service Name: PROD
User ID: your netid
- You may click on Test Connection to ensure the setup is correct. Enter your netid and password and click OK.
- Click OK to close the “Oracle ODBC Driver Configuration” screen.
- Click OK to close the “ODBC Data Source Administrator” screen